Monday, March 7, 2016

#213 Lace, Ribbon or Twine

Hello everyone! Lori here, and  I hope that you all had a good weekend! We are back and ready to go after a week off last week.

This week I am challenging you to use some sort of trim on your project. This can be ribbon, twine, lace, string - any sort of trim.

I have made a card for this week and I tied some string around the main panel.


Check out the beautiful creations from the rest of the design team. I am so excited that some of our new members joined in this challenge!


For this challenge I choose to use a simple piece of ribbon to highlight my layout (it doesn't show well here but the ribbon is in a wave across the page... it's not just crooked! lols).  The background & individual hearts were all cut out using my Brother Scan N Cut.


Amanda


Khristina

Creating a bold border was easy using lots of scraps of ribbon. The bright colors created a strong statement and really complemented this photo of my boys. I can't wait to see what you guys create this week with ribbon, twine, and lace! If you want to see close-ups, please visit my blog!


Tammy

Ribbon, Lace and Burlap were added to this Altered Frame adding a variety of texture.  I used Ribbon to make the bow, burlap behind the flowers up the left side and some Jute twine type ribbon alternating with some died lace in between along the bottom.  You can see more photos and details on my blog.  I hope you will stop by and also Link up your project!  We would love to see your creation :)



Darlene (newbie)

I love vintage design so of course ribbon, twine & lace lend themselves beautifully to any vintage image or design.  I've had a sheet of vintage images for a long, long time and it felt good to create with one of these sweet images.


Karrie
ribbon, lace and trim as embellishments!



So many beautiful projects from the design team! I hope that you are inspired to play along with our challenge this week!




2 comments:

Diane said...

Great and creative cards by the DT...congrats to the 'newbies'..I 'know' one of you...you know who you are...LOL!!!

Andrea W said...

Thanks for the lovely inspiration and challenge! Using twine is one of my favorites.